From central feasibility studies through system debugging and startup, our design engineers and project managers provide a complete range of process design, engineering, environmental and architectural services including:
- Conceptual Design and Layout – For renovation or expansion of an existing process, or construction of a new facility, conceptual layouts allow project alternatives to be compared allowing an informed decision about options and helping to fit the project to budget constraints. Conceptual layout includes the location for major pieces of equipment, raw and finished material handling requirements, locations of utility and support functions, and preliminary costing and scheduling. This also includes the development of process flow diagrams and if needed architectural renderings.
- Detailed Design and Layout – Once the major suppliers are selected and the design has been selected, detailed designs are developed to optimize plant flow and develop a comprehensive scope of work.
- Capital Cost Estimates – Capital costs for the proposed design are developed from the scope of work. Included in these cost estimates are recommendations for start-up supplies and recommended spare parts.
- Contract Administration and Coordination – After the facility is designed, our company can help securing permits and bids from contractors as well as acting as Owner’s representative in the negotiation with the contractor and suppliers. During construction we can act as the Owner’s representative providing an interface between the contractors and plant management.
- Systems Start-up Assistance – We provide the services needed for start-up of a newly constructed facility. Typically, this requires careful coordination with existing processes, and systematic process for commencement of operations. This may include development of procedures including safety and health, and training of operators and maintenance personnel in the operation, maintenance and compliance with safety and health procedures.
- Preparation of Record Drawings – We are able to prepare as-built drawings, either in CAD or a Building Information Modeling System (BIMS) software in order to efficiently operate and maintain the newly constructed facility.